Hey Oreo-lovers, this one’s for you. This recipe is Oreo on Oreo: the cookies are crushed and baked right into the batter, then mixed into the buttercream for a cookies ‘n’ cream frosting. Y-U-M!
Yield: 12 cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites until completely incorporated, followed by vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Stir in half of the flour mixture, followed by the milk. Stir in remaining flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in chopped up cookies. Divide batter evenly into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs attached. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
Cookies ‘n’ Cream Frosting
Yield: enough frosting for 12 cupcakes
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix in 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat until mixture is smooth. Gradually add in remaining powdered sugar until frosting is thick and smooth. Fold in crushed chocolate wafer cookies.
The post This Is What Happens When You Combine Oreos and Cupcakes appeared first on Craftsy.
Powered by WPeMatico