Green beans may seem like an overdone side dish, but braising them with a punchy vinaigrette gives the veggie a fresh lease on life. Make this recipe and see just how often you want to pair ’em with every meal.
Braised Green Beans With Smashed Tomato Vinaigrette
Yield: 2 servings
From Date Night In
For the Green Beans
For the Vinaigrette
1. Combine the green beans, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and stock in a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until soft.
3. Uncover and cook for 10 minutes more over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the liquid is reduced and coats the beans.
4. In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes and squish them between your fingers inside the bowl, so the juices don’t splatter all over your kitchen. (You could also use the backside of a wooden spoon.) The juices will help create the vinaigrette while the tomatoes still remain in large pieces.
5. Whisk in the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, mint and scallions.
6. Toss the green beans (they should be warm or room temp) with the vinaigrette. Finish with flaked sea salt just before serving. The dish can be served cold or at room temperature.
Photo by Megan Gordan
The post Amp Up Your Green Beans With a Little Braising Action appeared first on Craftsy.
Powered by WPeMatico